I have scheduled a meeting to begin the Disaster Recovery efforts for Lincoln Parish for 2 pm Tuesday, March 15, 2016 in the Library Meeting Room of the Lincoln Parish Library, located at 910 North Trenton St., Ruston, La.
(This is on the library side of the facility).
This invitation is going out to all of the stakeholders that fall within the geographical boundaries of Lincoln Parish. The stakeholders include local governments, schools (public & private), universities, water systems, community services, basically any entity that provides a service for the public. It is my hope to make sure all of these stakeholders are present to receive critical disaster recovery information, so please make every effort to attend and extend the invitation to others that need to know. The following details are what I need each stakeholder to consider and bring to the table:
• Understand that the Lincoln Parish Declaration of Emergency that was filed on March 9, 2016 covers all entities within Lincoln Parish. (No one has to file a separate declaration).
• Even though the Presidential Major Disaster Declaration does not include Lincoln Parish at this time, we should be added based on preliminary damage estimates (Very important).
• The FEMA financial threshold that Lincoln Parish will need to meet is $166,844.00. This amount is for every combined entity in the parish, not individual entities.
• If you can manage to make preliminary assessments and compile some figures to bring to this meeting, I encourage you to do so.
• These preliminary figures is what we will base our request for FEMA Preliminary Disaster Assessment (PDA) teams to come into the parish to assist each entity.
• I will also offer information on Individual Assistance (IA) programs for personal property, businesses, etc.
Once again, please make every effort to attend this important meeting. Thanks,
Kip Franklin, Director
Lincoln Parish Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Preparedness
161 Road Camp Road, P.O. Box 979
Ruston, La. 71273
Office phone – 318-251-6454
Cell phone – 318-607-8311
Fax number – 318-513-6209