A burn ban for Ouachita Parish will be on the agenda today at a Noon special called meeting of the Ouachita Parish Police Jury (OPPJ), Ouachita Parish Courthouse, second floor.
1. In the unincorporated areas of Ouachita Parish no person shall conduct the open air burning of any trash, garbage, leaves, limbs and branches, or debris of any kind.
2. This Ordinance shall be effective from the time of its adoption by the Ouachita Parish Police Jury until terminated.
3. This Ordinance shall not apply to any person conducting open air burning pursuant to a license or permit issued by the Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry or the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality.
4. Any person violating any provisions of this Ordinance shall be punished by a fine of up to Five Hundred $500.00) Dollars or imprisoned for a term of not more than thirty (30) days.
5. As an alternative to any other available enforcement mechanism or procedure, this Ordinance may be enforced through an administrative adjudication by the Ouachita Parish Administrative Hearing Officer pursuant to La. R.S. 13:2575(B) and Ouachita Parish Police Jury Ordinance No. 8786 (Compiled Ordinances of Ouachita Parish, Section 1.
See here the agenda.