Good morning. Lincoln Parish is still under a Winter Storm Warning, with possible additional sleet, ice or snow. Roads are hazardous with multiple motor vehicle accidents, mostly on I-20. Please keep my office updated as to any additional closures of government offices, roads, bridges, power outages, etc. so that I can send in situational reports to the Governor’s Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Preparedness (GOHSEP). See the list below with highlighted changes as of 0700 hours this morning, including some additional information for protective measures.
1. All Lincoln Parish Public Schools closed for Tuesday and Wednesday.
2. Bethel Christian School & Montessori School closed Tuesday & Wednesday
3. Cedar Creek School closed Wednesday.
4. La. Tech University closed until noon Wednesday, opening pending afterwards.
5. Grambling State Universities closed until 1 pm on Wednesday, opening pending afterwards.
6. A.E. Phillips school closed Tuesday and Wednesday
7. All Grambling Lab Schools closed Tuesday and Wednesday
Government Office Closures
1. District Judge’s Office, closed Wednesday
2. District Attorney’s Office, closed Wednesday
3. Clerk of Court’s Office, closed Wednesday
4. Tax Assessor’s Office, closed Wednesday
5. Registrar of Voters Office, closed Wednesday
6. City of Ruston Offices closed, essential personnel on duty
7. Police Jury Office closed, essential personnel on duty
Road/Bridge Closures or Power Outages as of 0700 hours.
1. Bonner St., Farmerville St. and Everett St. railroad overpasses closed.
2. I-20 glazed over, multiple motor vehicle accidents.
3. LA. DOTD salting bridges and roadway to free up I-20
4. Rural roads & bridges glazed over
5. Scattered power outages, Entergy, Claiborne, & City of Ruston.
1. No Parish Declaration of Emergency at this time.
2. Trinity Methodist Church contacted and are on standby as a warming shelter.
3. If someone needs a place for shelter, please contact my office for additional information.
4. Entergy is staging crews and monitoring the situation
5. La. DOTD is staging their personnel on twelve hour shifts and monitoring the situation.
6. 2-1-1 is on standby as an additional information resource or call center.
If you have additional information to be reported, please contact my office. Thanks and be safe.
Kip Franklin, Director
Lincoln Parish Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Preparedness
100 West Texas Ave., P.O. Box 979
Ruston, La. 71273
Office phone – 318-513-6200
Cell phone – 318-607-8311
Fax number – 318-513-6209